The Four Museums project (part of Living in Scotland SQA Unit)
Age group and/or curriculum level: A group of 20 NC4 ESOL for Employability students (16 – 21)
Intended learning outcomes:
- To develop reading comprehension skills through reading leaflets and descriptions of the objects exhibited
- To develop writing – writing short paragraphs describing objects, exhibitions, buildings; writing short evaluation of the museum
- To develop speaking skills – while giving short presentations to the class
- To develop digital skills – while creating a website withing Google sites
- To work as a team
The product of the project will be a collaborative class website
The sequence of activities, with any digital tools or resources being used (including urls if relevant)
Before the trip, go through the ppt presentation on the trip programme and the risk assessment.
- An outline of the formative assessment for the activity.
- Any ‘designer notes’ you want to add.